Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

LOOKING AHEAD TO A NEW WEEK!




BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN IN ALL IT'S GLORY...


...AND RELISHING EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK!


SUNDAY...


Don't know about you, but I am going to totally enjoy my extra hour of sleep today!  And although changing all the clocks in the house and cars is a bit of a chore, who would mind doing it on this exquisite little sterling silver heart shaped piece?  The rare English item, Circa 1902, is a classic example of the Art Nouveau style with detailed ferns and pansies in repousse relief.  From Sunday and Sunday, the clock comes in it's original velvet flocked case.  What a lovely gift for a very special someone, no?



MONDAY...
 
I remember admiring these Fitz and Floyd bowls back in the 80's and thought they would be so great for a beach house then, but since I'm planning some piping hot She-Crab soup for dinner, I thought these would be perfect for serving it up with style!  Four pink bowls, resembling conch shells, and four scallop shell plates are available from Gaelianna, who also suggests them for an unforgettable thank-you hostess gift for a sea-side house stay!  Love that!



TUESDAY...



Catching up on reading in front of the fire is a great week-night pastime for me this time of year, but sometimes just a great coffee table book can bring me just as much pleasure.  This one, from Janet Designs, is full of wonderful  Vogue Magazine covers from 1900-1970, and are suitable for framing.  How could you ever decide which were your favorites?  I know I'd love them all! 


WEDNESDAY...


I have a favorite outdoor flea market that is only on Wednesdays, and this time of year, I need to dress warm but stylish, especially if I'm going somewhere after a day of scouting great vintage items.  This cute little mohair turban fits the bill and I'm loving the pinks lavenders and greys.  It's a vintage Lilly Dache, and I've always admired her fine millinery work.  Fashionistas should really look up her important work and I believe she never received as much recognition as she should have received.  You can get this cutie from Alley Cats Vintage.


THURSDAY...


I'll be looking for a new winter coat for my Sweetie today, and since the weather has just turned rather chilly this week, I need to find something soon.   I think he would love this vintage Loro Piana Italian Cashmere style by Davide Cenci for men.  The dark blue would be versatile and fashionable! From Rosy Pie.


FRIDAY...



My friend is hosting a scarf party Friday night, and I know if I showed up with this one, they would all go crazy for it!  This is actually a Whiting and Davis scarf/necklace in yummy, fluid chain mail...WOW!  I can think of a million ways to wear this, but even over the simplest LBD, you'd be sure to make a statement! It's from Binky Lovecat.  Mmmm...maybe I'll just keep this one for myself?!



SATURDAY...



Is there anything nicer than looking pretty even as you are getting ready for a romantic evening with your Sweetie?  You could tantalize him even before you leave the house wearing something beautiful like this peach satin and lace dressing gown from the 1920's.  What a feminine and flattering color for just about any complexion, too.  When you visit Empress Jade, be sure to look around her lovely store...I especially love her lingerie!


Make the Best of Every Day This Week!

--Lee Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic Loro Piana coat, and worth every penny. Forget husband; I want it for myself.