Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

LOOKING AHEAD TO A NEW WEEK!



HERE'S TO A NEW SEASON!


WELCOME SUMMER!



SUNDAY...

The beautiful strawberries I purchased from the farmers market were originally meant for a big strawberry pie, but wouldn't they be so fun to eat out of a pretty dessert dish using these sterling silver strawberry forks?  Each piece of this English set has the classic three tines, useful for other foods, too.  How about dipping the berries in some homemade Chantilly cream?  Yum!  From My Yiayia Had That.




MONDAY...

Tidying up my closet on Monday includes freshening up a bit with a little sweet smelling lavender.  This delightful little lady hides a scented sachet under her white lace skirt, while charming us with her cheeky pose.  How could you not love to open up your closet door only to find this 1920's porcelain doll showing you the flirty blue flowers tucked behind her ear, under her hat?  She is available from Paris Atelier, who also writes the most delicious blog, too!


TUESDAY...

I've been planning on redecorating my home office, as well as a few projects in other rooms, but have needed a cute tote or attache for my photos, notes and swatches...something light for summer.  I think this vintage 1960's tote is just the perfect thing; it's a neutral color, roomy, and would keep all my projects together conveniently without looking too much like I'm going to a board meeting.  Schmoo 1515 has the most adorable shop...please check them out!


WEDNESDAY...

A casual lunch around a friend's pool calls for something that can be worn in or out of the water.  This  vintage play suit would be great to wear with espadrilles and a wide brimmed hat for lunch, and can still be worn for a quick dip to cool off!  The color combinations of sea foam, aqua, blues and purples are so appealing to me right now, and a romper like this one from Sweet Moonlight Shop is so perfect for the Summer season.


THURSDAY...


Want to know what stylish ladies were wearing for Summer in 1933?  Well, this vintage copy of the Women's World Fashion Book will give you an insight to just that!  It's a great fashion design resource book that was actually a pattern catalog during the depression, and is filled with lovely illustrations of quite glamorous style, many of which would be just as fabulous to wear today!  From Adelines Attic, it's one to put on your fun Summer reading list!

FRIDAY...

Dinners out in restaurants in Summer can be downright chilly in air conditioning!  I love finding unique ways to look stylish for weekend dates with my sweetie, and I'm loving the options you get with a beautiful shawl like this silk embroidered one from a great shop called I Love Luci.  Such a flattering color in this salmony-peach shade with wonderful colorful stitches of flowers edged in hand knotted fringe.  What a wonderful piece to tie into a sexy sarong on vacation!


SATURDAY...

Wouldn't a mid-afternoon limeade be extra yummy served in this little beverage set from Snowy Creek Designs?  Or how about adding a little tequila to the mix for an early cocktail?  Either way, even the simplest of ways to make things extra special for those you care about most is really where the fun is, don't you agree?


 


Here's to a Swingin' Summer!

--Lee Ann

1 comment:

Silvia C said...

Yes! Summer! I'm also glad it's lavender season! I love making sachets for my closet, I use the leaves and all. Fun stuff you posted here!